On June 28, 1746, Jeremiah Swain prepared his Last Will and Testatment naming his wife, Mary, and their two children. His wife was named "sole Executrix", son John was given the plantation and various animals when he reached the age of 16. Daughter Mary Swain was left 125 acres of land with two cows and calves, a young mare and a "case of bottles". He gave to his brother, James Swain, 125 acres of land. Witnesses were: John Swain, William N. Tarkington, Mary West. The will was probated during the September term or court, 1747. Mary Swain was appointed guardian of the daughter Mary, on June 9, 1758. A bond of 200 pounds "proclamation money" was given jointly by Mary Swain, WIlliam Mackey and James Swain.